If you are an athlete or a hardcore fitness lover, then kettlebell workout is undoubtedly one of the best options to reach your goals. These workouts are beneficial for strength training as well as for increasing endurance. Most kettlebell exercises involve large multi-jointed movements, which activate hundreds of muscles at a time.
Kettlebells are one of the best pieces of equipment for fitness lovers in their home gym. Building muscles with kettlebells is definitely possible if you follow the right plan. Make sure you have mastered basic exercises using a kettlebell before you move on to advanced kettlebell movements like this no-break endurance kettlebell workout program.
Always start with a nice warm-up.
Warm-up: Before performing the kettlebell workout, warm up your body with this set of kettlebell warm-up exercises for 5 minutes.
- Arms movement clockwise and anticlockwise
- Torso rotation with muscle stretching
- Hip movements
- Modified warrior lunge with stretching and holding the position for few seconds
- Jumping jacks
Here is a no-break endurance kettlebell workout program. This program consists of five sets of exercises using the kettlebell, and the total duration is 20 minutes. You can use the kettlebell weighing 30 pounds to 35 pounds for this workout.
- Squat and press: This exercise involves almost every muscle of your body. Hold a kettlebell with both of your hands, then drop down into a kettlebell squat position and drive up from the ground and press overhead. Repeat this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds
- Figure 8 curls: Keep your feet shoulder-width apart, grab the kettlebell slightly bending the knees with a left hand, bring the kettlebell between your legs and then passed to the right hand, then lift the kettlebell and bring it back to the starting position in a swing-like motion. Repeat the steps for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Squat and press: Repeat the first exercise for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Figure 8 curls: Repeat the same steps with the right hand for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Single-arm swing: Hold a kettlebell in your left hand and perform a kettlebell swing by driving your hips and letting the force you create take kettlebell to its natural height in front of you. Repeat the steps for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Single-arm row: Lean forward with back straight in a quarter lunge position and lift the kettlebell with your left hand, keeping the elbow close to the body. Hold it at the top. Do it for 45 seconds. Rest for 15 seconds.
- Single-arm swing: This time perform the same movement with your right arm. Continue for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Single-arm row: Repeat this exercise with your right arm for 45 seconds. Rest for 15 seconds.
- Lunge press: Lunge with left leg forward and holding the kettlebell in both the hands. Extend your arms with the kettlebell overhead. Return to standing position with returning the kettlebell to your chest and repeat. Do it for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Squat with side leg lift: Lift a kettlebell with both hands in a squat position and also raise your left leg. Repeat this for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Lunge press: Repeat the lunge press with right leg forward. Do this for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Squat with side leg lift: Repeat this exercise with right leg lift this time. Do it for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Halos: This is an excellent exercise for your shoulders and core. Stand straight and hold the kettlebell with both hands and move it around the head. Ensure that kettlebells stay as close to the base of the neck as possible. Make sure that kettlebells do not touch your shoulders. Do these in a clockwise direction for 45 seconds then rest for 15 seconds.
- Curtsy lunge: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the kettlebell in your hands. Take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left. Bend your knees and lower your hips until your left thigh is nearly parallel to the floor. Repeat this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Halos: Do halos holding the kettlebell in an anticlockwise direction. Do this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Curtsy lunge: Now perform the curtsy lunge with left leg back and crossing it behind your right leg holding a kettlebell with both the hands. Do this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Chop and lift: This is a great anti-rotational core stability exercise which helps in strengthening the muscles of the anterior core. Squat down and lift a kettlebell using both hands and rotate your hip and shoulder, lifting the kettlebell upwards to one side of the body. Do this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Two arm swing: Perform the same hip hinge movement as above in the one arm kettlebell swings, but grip the kettlebell handle with both hands. Do this for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
- Chop and lift: Do this with another side of your body for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds.
- Both arms swing: This is the last exercise of this program. Swing the kettlebell using both of your arms for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.
As necessary is warming up of your body before performing an exercise, cooling down is also very important.
Cool down your body by stretching the body that were involved in core exercise. Do it for 5 minutes.
- Arm cross with both arms alternatively with squeezing your shoulders. Keep moving your legs to avoid any faintness.
- Lower back stretching is crucial to cool down the muscles of your lower back. Maintain your breathing during the stretching.
- Cross hamstring stretching helps to loosen out your hamstring muscle.
- Stretching your torso will improve the blood circulation and hence rapid recovery from muscle soreness.
- Quadriceps stretch is required to loosen out your quadriceps. Hold your foot attached to your hips and maintain this position for a few seconds.
This no break kettlebell workout helps in increasing your endurance and overall conditioning of the body. Athletes highly use kettlebells for endurance training. So, if you too want to order kettlebells online , visit Kettlebell Kings . Choose from a range of high-quality kettlebells and enjoy free shipping.
Kettlebell Kings has the most highly & frequently reviewed kettlebells in the world. We have free shipping in the US & Canada ( www.kettlebellkings.com ), Europe ( www.kettlebellkings.eu ) and Australia ( www.kettlebellkings.com.au ). Check out our 4,000 reviews for quality and customer service here !