If you are new to kettlebell workouts, you are probably wondering what size of kettlebell is best for you. We get asked this questions a lot, and it's one of the main things that prevents people from getting started with this awesome workout method. There are a lot of choices, but we can give you some guidance to get you started.
- Get more than one kettlebell. You'll want different weights for different workouts, and some advanced moves require two kettlebells anyway. Be prepared and get two.
- If you are out-of-shape, use a lower weight. You don't want to discourage yourself by starting out too high.
- For traditional heavy lift kettlebell workouts, choose the weight you can strict press 8-10 times.
- Most men are comfortable starting with a 16kg kettlebell, and most women start with a 8kg kettlebell.
- Consider what your goals are, too--weight loss is easier to achieve with higher reps with a lighter kettlebell, while building muscle is more effective with a heavier kettlebell.
Once you have your kettlebells, check out our website for great kettlebell workouts. We'll get you started on your fitness journey. We know this is a fun and effective way to get in shape and look great. We offer free shipping so it's even easier for you to get started, so start shopping today!